become a partner of excellence
The Partners of Excellence program showcases restaurants, hotels, attractions, furniture stores and other businesses that meet or exceed the program’s high-quality standards. Benefits to Partners of Excellence include:
- featured on the touchscreen kiosk in the Regional Visitors Center and the Visit High Point website
- featured in the Official Destination Guide and various marketing materials
- featured in the Partners of Excellence brochure, distributed to area hotels, High Point Market, convention attendees and in welcome bags
- inclusion in the Passport to Savings App, featuring various discounts from our partners of excellence
- partners will receive a door decal, framed certificate and the ability to network at events hosted by Visit High Point
Visitors are instantly assured that participants in the Partners of Excellence program have met high standards of excellence including a Count On Me NC Certification and a minimum Four-Star Rating on Facebook and/or Google with a minimum of five reviews. In addition, restaurants must be locally owned with a maximum of four local locations to qualify for participation in the Partners of Excellence program.
**No fees or dues will be charged to Partners of Excellence within the city limits of High Point and Jamestown; all members outside the city limits of High Point and Jamestown will be required to pay an annual membership fee of $500.
The following requirements, standards and service delivery commitments are necessary to maintain inclusion in the Partners of Excellence program.
- Must have a minimum of a four-star rating on Google with a minimum of five reviews. Partners not reviewable on Google must have a minimum of a four-star rating on Facebook with a minimum of five reviews.
- Restaurants and Hotels must have a Guilford County Health Permit with a Health Sanitation score of 95% or better, if applicable.
- Restaurants must have minimum of one ServSafe Certified employee.
- Chain Restaurants must originate in North Carolina to be considered with no more than three establishments in a thirty mile radius.
- Must be clean and well maintained in dining areas, restrooms and in all other indoor and outdoor areas.
- Must accept at least one major credit or debit card such as, Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express. (This requirement will be waived in the event the establishment has an ATM machine onsite)
- Management will schedule appropriate staff levels to handle customer volume.
- Management (or their representative) must be readily accessible at all time for guest needs or requests.
- Should make a good faith effort to support the community of High Point and other hospitality industry partners by providing visitors information about area sites and attractions.
- Should continuously work to improve knowledge and skills to the benefit of their clients, themselves and the community of High Point.
- Must be open as advertised.
servsafe managers certification class and exam available at Visit High Point
Visit High Point partners with Raise-the-Grade to host a 1-day class. Upon successful completion, examinees will receive their ServSafe certificate, valid for 5 years, approximately 8-10 business days after the class. The all-day class taught in an upbeat and informative manner presents the newest ServSafe 6th Edition materials.
Register online by visiting Raise The Grade. Click “Find a Class” tab. Scroll down to the “Greensboro/High Point ServSafe Class” and click on the “+” sign. Locate the date of the class held at 1634 North Main Street. To receive the 30% discounted rate, ($104.30), type in discount code: Visit High Point19 and click “Update Cart.”
How To Become a Partner of Excellence
To make it easier to participate, Visit High Point now offers an online application process to supply required information for inclusion in the program. For assistance, please contact email@example.com at Visit High Point at (336) 884-5255.
At any time a Partner of Excellence fails to maintain requirements they will be removed from the list and will no longer be recommended as a Partner of Excellence. If the issue is corrected, as determined by the Visit High Point President, they will be reinstated and entitled to benefits once again.